Date and Time: Saturday 5th October 1030am – 4.30pm
Level required: confident beginner able to cast on, knit, purl and increase/decrease
Max Class size: 8 people
Here’s the detail:
Come along to knit Alison’s design – which is based on a garter stitch and therefore, once the icord edges have been mastered, it is a soothing and easy to knit garment. This class will put you at your ease and you will have a lovey day of knitting and gentle learning and your project will be well underway by the time you go home.
You will be gin your day with a swatch-pattern to enable you to practice all the elements of the design fully supported by Alison. This will take 1-2 hours and then you will cast on the real project. Alison will make sure that you are happy and confident to carry on with your project after the course is complete.
You will cover:
- shaping – both increasing and decreasing
- Learning the simple construction of a shawl
- Learning how to work icord edges
- learning how the edging could be applied to many other projects
- How to adapt the pattern to use other yarns, including making it double the size, and to make it colour wash with super fine mohair tarns
- Professional finishing of the shawl
Whats included in the price?
You will receive the pattern as a PDF after the vent. Alison will also give each participant a 100% cotton project bag
What do I need to bring?
- a pair of 4mm single pointed needles or a 60cm long circular needle
- a removable stitch marker (like a safety pin)
- 1 x 50g yarn cake of Mondial’s Emozione, OR 4 balls of superfine mohair/silk yarn such as Rowans Kidsilk Haze in 3 shades 2 x A, 1 x B and 1 x C, OR c540m of an alternative DK.
- You could also use 4ply or aran for different weights but make sure that you bring the right size needles for your yarn choice.
Booking and cancellation:
All classes must be paid in advance. A refund will only be available if we can fill the place.