DATE: Saturday 19th February
TIME: 10am – 4pm
LOCATION: Stitches & Cream, 16 High Street, Falmouth, Cornwall
LEVEL: Confident Beginner
MAX CLASS SIZE: 4
TELL ME MORE
The aim of this one day class is to teach you a number of different garment repairing techniques. The repairs that you learn will depend on the garments you bring along with you, but you will get a booklet to take home that covers several different repairs. Some repairs will be done on the sewing machine and some will be done by hand, and we should have time for around 4 different repairs each.
TECHNIQUES YOU WILL LEARN
We will have time for around 4 of these repairs:
- How to sew on a patch
- Invisible repairs
- A rip in the seam
- How to sew a hem on the machine
- How to sew a hem by hand
- How to sew on a button
- Decorative visible mending
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- We will provide all the sewing tools and threads you will need
- Course booklet to take home.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Clothes that need mending! Bring around 4-6 garments with various different ailments and we will fix them together. Below are examples of the type of thing you could bring:
- A hole that needs patching (eg a hole in the knee of a pair of trousers) Please bring along a patch or some strong fabric if you have a certain colour you would like to patch with. We will have limited colours of fabric you can use.
- Invisible repair on a pair of jeans
- A rip in the seam
- The hems have come undone or you wish to shorten a garment
- A button has come off (please try to bring the matching button, but if you’ve lost it, I will bring along lots of random buttons to search through!)
If you are unsure if a garment is suitable, just bring it along and we’ll see what we can do!
Please make sure the garments you bring are clean.
WHO IS THIS CLASS SUITABLE FOR?
This is confident beginners class. It is best if you have used a sewing machine before, as we won’t go through how to thread up the machine etc.
If you are wondering if this is the course for you, don’t hesitate to drop me a line to chat it through!
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Helen is a pattern cutter who has worked in the fashion industry in London for 10 years. She has cut patterns for several high-end designer brands, including Victoria Beckham, Mary Katrantzou and Karen Millen. She loves sharing the knowledge she has gained over the years with others, to help them on their sewing journey. Whether they are taking their first steps into the fashion industry, or improving their home sewing techniques.
See our website www.dotncross.com/cancellations-policy to read our cancellation policy before booking a class with us.
HOW TO BOOK
Bookings are through Stitches & Cream. You can either book online, call, email, or come in to the shop (16 High Street, Falmouth) and book in person. All classes should be paid for upfront.
T: 01326 218770
A: Stitches & Cream, 16 High Street, Falmouth, TR11 2AB